and Immigration Attorneys
What to Do After a Bicycle Crash
If you are involved in a bicycle collision and you have sustained injuries then the injury attorneys of Zneimer & Zneimer P.C. suggest the following:
- Call 911 for the police and medical help immediately
- Record the name, address, phone number, driver’s license number, make of car, license plate number, insurance company name and policy number of all vehicles involved in the collision.
- Get any crash report number from the policeman on the scene.
- Record the names, telephone numbers and addresses of anyone who witness the accident since participants in a collision have been known to blame the other parties for the collision and independent witnesses are important to determine who is telling the truth.
- Take photographs of any bicycle damage and any marks on the motor vehicles. Photographs of the physical evidence will help corroborate testimony about how the crash occurred.
- If you are badly injured, stay still and do not move until emergency personnel arrive to help you.
- Do not yell or curse at the other people involved and do not do any physical damage to any motor vehicles. Such actions will just hinder any claims for compensation by casting you as a hothead as a reckless person.
The Chicago injury lawyers of Zneimer & Zneimer P.C. have litigated many bicycle injury claims and it is important to note that in most cases the motorist blames the bicyclist for the crash, usually alleging that the bicyclist was riding recklessly and not obeying traffic laws. That is why it is important that the bicyclist makes sure that he or she gets all witness information and gets photographs of the physical evidence in order to make a strong case later on. If you were injured in a bicycle accident, contact us for a free personal injury consultation if you need help.