The O-1A visa is designed for individuals with extraordinary ability in the sciences, education, business, or athletics. To qualify for an O-1A visa, applicants must demonstrate that they have achieved a level of expertise that is significantly above that of their peers in their field. At Zneimer & Zneimer, our experienced immigration attorneys can help you navigate the O-1A visa application process and analyze each criteria to determine if you qualify.
To qualify for an O-1A visa, applicants must meet at least three of the following criteria:
- Documentation of the beneficiary's receipt of nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards for excellence in the field of endeavor;
- Documentation of the beneficiary's membership in associations in the field for which classification is sought, which require outstanding achievements of their members, as judged by recognized national or international experts in their disciplines or fields;
- Published material in professional or major trade publications or major media about the beneficiary, relating to the beneficiary's work in the field for which classification is sought, which must include the title, date, and author of such published material, and any necessary translation;
- Evidence of the beneficiary's participation on a panel, or individually, as a judge of the work of others in the same or in an allied field of specialization for which classification is sought;
- Evidence of the beneficiary's original scientific, scholarly, or business-related contributions of major significance in the field;
- Evidence of the beneficiary's authorship of scholarly articles in the field, in professional journals, or other major media;
- Evidence that the beneficiary has been employed in a critical or essential capacity for organizations and establishments that have a distinguished reputation; or
- Evidence that the beneficiary has either commanded a high salary or will command a high salary or other remuneration for services, as evidenced by contracts or other reliable evidence
At Zneimer & Zneimer, our experienced immigration attorneys can help you analyze each criteria and determine the strongest evidence to present to USCIS. We will work with you to gather the necessary documentation, such as awards, publications, and letters of recommendation, and present a strong case to USCIS.