and Immigration Attorneys
Sofia Zneimer is an experienced immigration lawyer and litigator who has successfully handled immigration applications and petitions for individuals, families, and diverse businesses, including multi-national corporations and non-profit organizations. With her extensive knowledge of immigration law and strong advocacy skills, Ms. Zneimer has helped numerous clients achieve their immigration goals, representing them before various government agencies and the Northern District of Illinois. She has a proven track record of filing H-1B, L-1, O-1, PERM, PNIW, NIW, EB-1, U visas, I-130, adjustment, naturalization, and other immigration cases.
In addition to her immigration practice, Ms. Zneimer has an accomplished record as a litigator with a focus on personal injury cases. She has demonstrated her keen attention to detail and thorough understanding of the law in obtaining favorable outcomes for her clients in settlement negotiations and trial. Ms. Zneimer's dedication to the legal profession extends beyond her immigration and personal injury practice. She is an active member of The Illinois Trial Lawyers Association (ITLA), where she volunteers on the Amicus Curiae Committee, preparing legal briefs on behalf of the organization.
Ms. Zneimer is a strong advocate for the privacy of medical data and authored the ITLA Amicus Brief to the Illinois Supreme Court in the case of Haage v. Zavala, 2021 IL 125918, arguing for restrictions on the use of protected health information of personal injury victims. Her exceptional volunteer work has earned her the prestigious William J. Harte Amicus Volunteer Award for 2021, highlighting her commitment to using her legal skills to make a positive impact on the legal system and protect the rights of those who have been injured.
Ms. Zneimer's dedication to her clients, her professionalism, and her passion for the law are evident in all aspects of her work.Admissions
- Illinois, USA (2004)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, USA (2004); Admitted to the Federal Trial Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, Illinois, USA (2004)
- United States Supreme Court (2015)
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado (2021)
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, IIT (J.D., 2003)
- Center for Conflict Resolution, Certified Mediator (2003)
- Sofia University Climent Ohridsky, Sofia, Bulgaria M.A. English Language and Literature
- Order of the Coif
- American Immigration Lawyer's Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyer's Association, Member of the Amicus Committee
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- William J. Harte Amicus Volunteer Award for 2021, in recognition of her volunteer service and professional efforts on behalf of the ITLA Amicus Curiae Committee in preparing legal briefs before the Illinois Supreme Court.
- Seminar Presentation, PERM, Nut & Bolts: SVP/Job Zone Issues & Refiling and BEC Interactions, presented to ILW audience
- Immigration Lawyers on the Web, "Validity of PERM Labor Certification", 2008
- Chapter, Business Necessity: "Necessary Arguments," The Perm Book, 2008-2009, published by ILW (2008, J. Stewart Ed.)
- Panel Speaker, Maintaining Your Ties and Preserving Permanent Residence, 2009 Annual Conference of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, Las Vegas, Nevada
- American Immigration, LLC (ILW.com), "PERM Business Necessity Necessary Arguments", 2013
- ISBA, The Globe, "Undocumented, Documented, or Citizen?", 2015
- Panel Speaker, Less is More, 2018 Annual Conference of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, San Francisco, California