Temporary Protected Status
Temporary Protected Status (TPS) serves as a beacon of hope for eligible nationals from certain designated foreign states, offering them temporary immigration status, which allows them to stay and work in the United States under specified conditions.Benefits and Privileges Under TPS
Beneficiaries of TPS are accorded several benefits, including:
- Permission to Stay in the U.S.: Beneficiaries can reside in the U.S. during the designated TPS period.
- Employment Authorization: TPS status allows beneficiaries to apply for and obtain Employment Authorization Documents (EADs) as long as they meet ongoing TPS requirements.
- Discretionary Travel Authorization: TPS beneficiaries may be granted travel authorization by the DHS on a discretionary basis.
To access the benefits provided through TPS, beneficiaries must adhere to eligibility standards as outlined under the Immigration and Nationality Act. Understanding and fulfilling these conditions is pivotal for maintaining and extending TPS benefits.Your Pathway Post-TPS Designation Termination
Post-TPS designation termination, beneficiaries either:
- Return to their previous immigration status or category (unless expired or terminated).
- Retain any other lawfully obtained immigration status obtained during TPS, provided it remains valid.
The Secretary holds the discretionary authority to designate a foreign state for TPS, following particular protocols and based on specific country conditions.Decision-Making and Review Mechanism for TPS
The Secretary conducts a comprehensive review of a foreign state’s conditions for TPS designation before expiration. Based on findings, the Secretary can either extend or terminate the TPS designation for the concerned foreign state.Our Chicago Law Office Can Help You With Your TPS
Navigating through the intricacies of TPS requires a comprehensive understanding of immigration laws and processes. Our Chicago law office proudly represents non-citizens who may be eligible for TPS, guiding them through each step of the application and compliance process, and advocating for their rights and benefits under the TPS program. Partnering with an experienced law firm, especially one well-versed in TPS matters, can significantly enhance your chances of successfully navigating through the complex TPS processes. With our dedicated team, we are here to assist you on your TPS journey, ensuring that you explore all viable options and maintain compliance with regulations. Let our expertise guide you through your TPS application and retention process, providing you with the assurance and legal support you need. Contact our office with any questions regarding the TPS process.