Adjustment of Status

Chicago Immigration Law Office- Adjustment of Status Lawyers

Our Chicago immigration attorneys can help you file for a green card based on employment or family based petition. 

Aliens who are outside of the U.S. and seek permanent residence in the U.S. can apply for an immigrant visa at U.S. consulates abroad and are then admitted into the United States as lawful permanent residents. Under certain circumstances, aliens who are present in the U.S. may become permanent residents without having to leave the US. This process, which is administered at the discretion of the USCIS, is called "adjustment of status." It differs from the "change of status" process where an alien present in the U.S. changes from one nonimmigrant classification to another.

In order to qualify, eligible aliens generally must be in legal immigration status on the date of filing the permanent resident application and must have maintained lawful status since admission into the United States.

The determination whether you are eligible to file for adjustment of status requires professional analysis as a potential denial of an adjustment of status application may result in placing you in a process to remove you from the U.S. If you have any concerns regarding your eligibility to adjust status in the U.S. call us at 773-516-4100 or contact the Chicago immigration lawyers of Zneimer & Zneimer P.C. online for a consultation to discuss your immigration issues or questions.

Contact Us Free Personal Injury Consultation
Contact Form