Chicago Personal Injury Attorneys
The Chicago personal injury lawyers at Zneimer & Zneimer P.C. have handled a diverse range of tragic wrongful death cases. Wrongful death litigation can occur as both a result of civil and criminal negligence. The expertise required by a wrongful death attorney, also requires specific knowledge in the field of law that would otherwise have applied had the deceased survived. Examples include premise liability; automobile and motorcycle accident negligence; nursing home abuse or neglect; pedestrian and bicyclist injury; and burn victim liability, to name a few. Our well-practiced wrongful death attorneys also possess the requisite personal injury knowledge concerning the passing of your loved one.
Each state has law governing wrongful death actions, however such laws may differ, depending on which state you reside. In general, wrongful death laws afford certain individuals, who may be either listed in a testamentary manner, or otherwise considered under probate laws to be the decedent’s beneficiaries, an avenue to pursue relief for their loss. Some examples of types of damages that could possibly be recovered include:
- Loss of projected future earned income the deceased could have made available
- Loss of retirement related benefits e.g. pension plans as a result of the death.
- Expenses as a direct consequence of the death, e.g., funeral services costs or hospital bills
- Loss of companionship, care, or protection
The above stated follows in accordance with 140 ILCS 180 Sec.2:
“In every such action the jury may give such damages as they shall deem a fair and just compensation with reference to the pecuniary injuries resulting from such death, including damages for grief, sorrow, and mental suffering, to the surviving spouse and next of kin of such deceased person. ” [Emp. added]
In most circumstances, recovery for your loss will apply to circumstances where the death occurred as a direct result of a wrongful or unjust act, or of negligent behavior. Our Illinois wrongful death lawyers can evaluate the incident and discuss your legal rights.
Scenarios involving the wrongful death of a loved are often profoundly traumatic experiences involving unexpected events. Specific examples included within particular areas of personal injury deaths, some of which are stated above, include, fatality due to a drunk driver; deaths that can be traced to faulty manufacture; defective design, or failure to warn/instruct consumers of products which may or can be considered as dangerous or hazardous products; or the design, development, construction, or other related creation of what could be an unsafe structure or building, all of which may initiate wrongful death lawsuits. The injury attorneys at the law firm of Zneimer & Zneimer P.C. are dedicated in provided you with superior assistance in what may be a case of wrongful death. In cases of uncertainty, it is always better to seek assistance, rather than to allow any suspected abuse or neglect to continue.
The injury attorneys of Zneimer & Zneimer P.C. are experienced in the area of wrongful death liability throughout Illinois, including the greater Chicago area and the rest of the state of Illinois. We serve DuPage County, Will County, Lake County, Kane County, Cook County, McHenry County and all other counties in the state. The types of damages that can be recovered in a wrongful death lawsuit are dependent upon the jurisdiction, and more importantly, the circumstances.
If you live in Illinois, and a loved one has died as a result of a wrongful or unjust act or negligence of another, you may be eligible, according to state law, to receive compensation under the law. Call the Chicago law office of Zneimer & Zneimer P.C. at 773-516-4100 or contact us online for a NO COST consultation.
- Numerous Pedestrian Accidents in Chicagoland area Raises Concern The Personal Injury Attorneys of Zneimer & Zneimer P.C. take note of the alarming number of accidents involving pedestrians that have taken place ....
- Plainfield Man Dies in Tragic Aurora Accident The Wrongful Death Attorneys of Zneimer & Zneimer P.C. take note of a tragic series of events that claimed the life of 51-year-old Dennis C. Hunke ....
- Can your Bike Crash Attorney do all of the Following? Every accident is unique and bicycle accidents are no different. However, where bike crashes do stand out is in their potential to vary significantly, ....